Advanced Negotiation Training provides skill building to support the “lead negotiators” in conflicts involving church life.
Who Should Attend
Pastors, Committee Chairs, attorneys and others who may represent the church in negotiations with outside parties or in resolutions of issues involving staff and/or church members.
About the Course
This course offers in-depth analysis and practice in the application of negotiation principles to a variety of problems that occur in church settings. Building on the experience of professional negotiators, this course includes practice with the Five-Step Negotiation Model, including application to cases involving legally protected rights. The course covers the following topics:
- Module 1: Case challenges and learning goals.
- Module 2: Review of Five-Step Negotiation Model.
- Module 3: Structured simulation and practice.
- Module 4: Innovations in legal representation (“Track 1” Negotiation Specialists).
- Module 5: Impasse resolution strategies.
- Module 6: Wrap up with final practice case and feedback.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Apply the Conflict Grid to negotiation preparation, including use of Standard Solutions for two and multi-party cases.
- Describe the Two-Track Model for attorney representation as applied to faith based situations.
- Demonstrate use of a Five-Step Negotiation Model to resolve two and multi-party faith based cases.
Click Contact to schedule a presentation for your organization.